Thursday 9 September 2010

Exercise: Study of light reflected from one object to another

Prior to getting stuck into this project I was inspired by the work of Redon in the previous exercise and attempted a charcoal drawing that was a bit more imaginative - looking at a photo of my partner I relaxed and went for it. Quite pleased with the results!


Back to the exercise - I used a drawing pencil of green tone to tackle the subject - coffee pot, coffee mug and a shot glass of baileys. I was determined to be careful and thoughtful in my use and control of my pencil, previously being too heavy handed and not always concentrating on my mark making. The result is reasonably successful in that the shadows and forms are well captured but it still seems a bit tight.

I was able to see the shadows and reflections well and captured them quite accurately I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment