Friday 20 August 2010

Drawing from the Channel 4 Live series

Having got Emma's message about the painting live series on channel 4 I have today spent a couple of hours going through episodes 1 - 4 ... and will return to finish the rest and also, I think repeat and find some folk I can draw from life.

I found I did not have enough time to properly look and then get down on paper what I really wanted to , but I notice that on relaxing things improved. The instruction to forget what you are drawing and to focus what was seeing was absolutely right - the pictures of Ken being the proof of that particular pudding. The 2 quick sketches did in fact loosen me more to relax on the 3rd - although I also see an overall improvement as my afternoon went on and I simply relaxed into the process - there is a theme emerging here!

Once again, the pictures alongside are for my virtual sketch book!

No comments:

Post a Comment