Tuesday 13 September 2011

Exercise: Using markers or dip pens

Delighted in buying new markers but groaned slightly at yet more fruit!!!!

Thoroughly enjoyed drawing the exercise however - I absolutely love the immediacy and the necessarily fearless approach to drawing with markers and pens. Completely illogical really as I always worry that I can't 'pull it off' but I think it probably appeals to the sense of immediate satisfaction of 'no going back' and having a product - even if it doesn't work!

I like the colour mixing effect on the paper of the markers and using different nib widths to create a heavier effect. I really feel like my drawing is developing and looking back over previous assignment I can see a noticeable difference, practice is definitely the key.

No comments:

Post a Comment