Tuesday 19 July 2011

Restarting!




Despite my awareness that time was more pressured with additional work and life demands I have failed to maintain my learning commitments. The result being that I have not submitted any course work in either my drawing or painting courses. Following helpful dialogue with the OCA however I am back on track and more resolved than ever to complete my work as I am learning so much.

I have not stopped either drawing or painting (or indeed learning) however and continued to do both - examples of which I am posting. Sadly I haven't done as much drawing as I would like but all that I have done has been very significantly informed by my learning so far - suddenly hatching and shading is no longer a terror for me! I've also really valued the introduction of squaring up to help my positioning on the paper - which in turn has helped my painting to be more accurate.

I have also had the marvellous opportunity of visiting New York and viewing paintings within the Guggenheim and Museum of Modern Art. Thrilling and awesome.

I have also just returned from Brittany where I collected some really interesting fir cones and shells in preparation for my next stages...

No comments:

Post a Comment