Thursday 28 October 2010

more enlarging ...

Having been so taken by the effect of using a grid to enlarge sketches and pictures I decided to have another go! Using a close up photo this time of my long suffering husband Bill I set about a drawing of his eyes. I like eyes - they really interest me, is something we all recognise and yet don't take huge amounts of notice of (I think!).

I used my 2cm grid and drew a 4cm grid on cartridge paper and just using a HB pencil set about translating the squares across. I think I have captured a reasonable effect and for the first hour was intense and interested in my work - I then, if honest started to get a bit bored and wished I had used a drawing pencil for greater variety of mark making and shadow creation! I persevered for another hour and decided to stop - pleased with the accomplishment and the effect. I am reminded however of why I like to paint as I get an immediate effect as clearly I am a bit lazy!! I will definitely have a go at using a grid to help develop some painting work to emphasise accuracy of representation.

Tomorrow I shall start my assignment pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment